OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z (Bass Edition)
- Re-engineered Sound Quality.
- Ultra-Fast Warp Charging.
- Magnetic Controls.
- IP55 Rated.
- OnePlus Bullets Wireless Earphones.
- Type-c Charging Cable.
- Quick Start Guide and Red Cable Club Card.
- Additional two pairs of soft eartips(Small and Large).
Looks & Design
OnePlus has improved the design of their Bluetooth Neckband by removing the in-line volume controller and providing volume controls on the left module. The Bass Edition looks more professional as compared to the Regular edition especially in the Reverb Red variant which was not available with the regular edition.
They are made up of plastic and comes with a glossy finish on top, matte finish at the bottom and a brushed metallic finish at the centre. The quality is top-notch and these are magnetic earbuds that comes with a smart feature called magnetic controls.
While using this feature what happen is that when the earbuds are attached to each other the neckband gets disconnected with the paired device and when they are separated the neckband pairs with the device.
The advantage of this cool feature is to save battery power but it is not as advance as we have seen in Noise Flair which are also one of the best Neckband under 2000rs in India.
The quality of the neckband is the best in the segment, whether be it the softness or the thickness, the neckband on OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z literally nailed it. OnePlus has really used very rich quality of material in manufacture of this Bluetooth Neckband under 2000rs.
The Neckband is so soft and flexible that you can carry it in your pocket or backup without any worries and thanks to the magnetic earbuds which helps them to stay organised.
All the volume controls, multi-function button, type-c charging port, microphone and a LED notification light are present on the left module only we get to see OnePlus branding on the right side. + and – button are red coloured.
Wire quality is also not compromised in OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z. The cables are quite durable they don’t feel like that they will break. They are protected by an outer rubber covering and are thick and rugged.
The joints are also very well protected also on the joints of earbuds L & R Indicator is also present. It comes with a tangle-free design to keep them organised and clutter-free
Comfort & Grip
The eartips are soft, comfortable, in-ear type and over it they are angled which goes deep in the ear canal to provide the best grip and sound quality. They are very lightweight only 26g, you can easily wear them for long hours. The User Experience of OnePlus products is always amazing and the same goes with OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z.
OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z comes with a 9.2mm driver which is present in the regular edition but in this edition, it is re-engineered and retuned to improve its sound quality. The regular edition lacked bass and is not very loud which was removed from the Bass edition where the bass is boosted, loudness is increased and the richness of the sound is also enhanced.
If you are listening music, watching webseries on netflix or Amazon Prime or watching movie the instrument separation seen there is good, mids and treble are well balanced. At 70-85% volume there is no distortion but at volumes above 90%, a slight distortion can be observed.
The Overall Sound Output from the previous regular edition is definitely improved in terms of bass and loudness.
OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z comes with Bluetooth Version 5.0 and supports all Android, iOS, Desktop and Laptop devices that have Bluetooth connectivity. The connectivity range is around 8-10 metres which I would say is good.
If you have a OnePlus smartphone you will get some additional benefits like better sound experience, Auto Play/Pause which helps to play the audio/receive calls by separating earbuds and pause the audio/hung up calls by attaching them together.
OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z comes with a Triple Pairing feature which allows user to connect them with any three devices simultaneously. To switch from one device to another simply go to the Bluetooth settings of the device you want to connect and tap on OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z.
In my testing, I have discovered that switching from an iOS device to Android is easy but from Android to iOS I have to manually disconnect from Android device and then connect them with the iOS device.
OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z comes with IP55 rating which means these Bluetooth earphones under 2000rs are resistant to water and sweat. You can use them while running, gymming or performing any other exercise. Don’t Try to dip them in water otherwise they might get damaged.
The previous edition comes with 110ms latency but the new OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z comes with 100ms latency which means that if you have a OnePlus smartphone you can pair it with these Bluetooth earphones and use a feature called Fnatic mode so that you will not experience latency while playing multiplayer games like BGMI and COD: Mobile.
But If you have a different brand Smartphone then you might experience some latency while playing games
Battery Performance & Charging Time
Being a OnePlus product these are expected to give excellent charging time because OnePlus is known for its Warp and Dash charging. OnePlus has provided Ultra-Fast charging with their Bluetooth neckband under 2000. A Type-c charging cable is provided in the box whose length is average.
These Bluetooth earphones gets fully charged in around 30-35 minutes by using a OnePlus Dash or Warp charger and takes around 40-50 minutes using a normal charger. OnePlus Bullet Wireless Z provides up to 17 hours of playtime when fully charged and around 10 hours of playtime when charged for 10mins.
All the Button controls on OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z are present on the left module of the neckband.
- Play/pause: single press the “O” button.
- Next track: Double Press the “O” button.
- Prev. track: Triple Press and hold the “O“ button.
- Volume increases: Press and hold the “+” button.
- Volume decreases: Press and hold the “-“ button.
- Press and hold the “O” button to activate the voice assistant.
- Answer/ hung up an incoming call: short press the “O” button.
- Reject an incoming call: long press the “O” button to reject an incoming call.
- 9.2mm Driver.
- Premium Look.
- Tangle-Free Design.
- Ultra-Fast Charging.
- Triple Pairing.
- Lightweight & Comfortable.
- 1 Year Warranty.
- Available in Black, Red/Black & Blue.
- Quick Switch which was present in the previous edition is removed from this edition.
- Qualcomm aptX is not supported.
Q1. What is the difference/Comparison between the bass edition and the regular edition?
There are some Significant Upgrades also from the Regular Edition
The new bass edition is a downgrade of the old edition in the following terms :
1. The Build quality in the bass edition feels a bit compromised although it is good but there is a slight difference in the build quality.
2. The Quick switch button which is provided in the regular version is also removed from the bass edition, which helps to switch from one device to another while using dual pairing.
3. Battery backup is also reduced from 20 hours to 17 hours.
- Best Wireless Headphones under 1500 Rs in India.
- Best TWS Earbuds Under 1500 Rs in India.
- Best Wired Earphones Under 1000 Rs in India.
- Noise Flair Bluetooth neckband Under 2000 Review.
- boat rockerz 330 bluetooth earphones under 1500s Review
- Product is rated and given its pros and cons according to its price.
- Links Shared in the Buy Button or in the image are my affiliate links.
- Source – Amazon, OnePlus and Youtube.